What do we do?
FFAC is a growing nonprofit that educates people across the country on factory farming’s devastating impacts on people, animals, and the planet, and empowers them to advocate for systemic change in their communities. Our approach is designed to build significant and lasting capacity for the movement to end factory farming.
How do we do it?
- We believe our competence must be as fierce as our compassion.
- To amplify our impact through collective action, we call people in rather than out, always striving to see beyond our egos to meet others where they’re at rather than treat them like they should already be where we are.
- Because we care deeply about each other and our mission, we elevate accountability, openly addressing issues with honesty and directness and holding ourselves to a standard no lower than excellence.
- We recognize that we don’t have all the answers and will listen to others, including those we believe we disagree with, to grow as individuals and as an organization.
- The magnitude of the systemic change we’re aiming for requires readiness to adapt. As circumstances and information around us shift, we update our approach.
- Last but not least, we genuinely enjoy our co-workers and have fun despite the tragic nature of what we’re up against. (Check out our Rotten Truth series on YouTube to see how we use humor to grapple with the grim reality of factory farming.)
If all of this appeals to you, we encourage you to apply!
About the Position:
As a digital marketing manager or coordinator at FFAC, you’ll be in charge of developing and leading our online giving and communication strategies with important FFAC stakeholders, including teachers, donors, and students. By engaging our existing donor and prospect base via effective and innovative digital marketing strategies, you’ll grow FFAC’s online audience and contribute to our ability to empower people to end factory farming.
What You’ll Do:
- Utilize EveryAction and Constant Contact to develop outreach campaigns and send marketing emails for our base of supporters and core programs, in coordination with the respective program managers.
- Oversee Google ad grants and Facebook Ads campaigns to build awareness about our programs and help meet program goals.
- Develop and manage innovative digital fundraising campaigns with the goal of acquiring, renewing and retaining small and mid-level donors to meet the public support test.
- Monitor trends and insights in digital fundraising as well as new technologies to continually optimize supporter engagement and contributions.
- Execute a fundraising communications plan with that falls directly in line with rebranded voice and mission to attract new donors and make recurring commitments.
- Integrate the online giving strategy into other communications (social, email, digital advertising, etc.) with our consultants.
- Identify and evaluate trends, tools, and technologies within the digital marketing landscape to drive performance.
- Consistently monitor and evaluate activities and make data-driven decisions about adjustments and new strategies as needed to continually optimize campaigns and initiatives—includinng managing and organizing our CRM systems.
- Regularly report to development co-workers and staff across the organization on progress, successes and opportunities for improvement.
The job is a full-time position based remotely in the United States.
- History of using CRM tools to support donor engagement. Experience with EveryAction strongly preferred.
- Experience in online fundraising and digital marketing, preferably at a nonprofit advocacy organization. At least 5 years of experience preferred.
- Experience managing creative projects and/or campaigns, including ability to manage projects that require a rapid response. Experience with Asana preferred.
- Experience planning, implementing, and evaluating digital fundraising strategies campaigns, including the ability to reflect through quantitative and qualitative evaluation to identify areas of improvement.
- Experience with building and maintaining donation forms, surveys, and other user engagement features, and running reports/interpreting audience analytics. Experience with graphic design is a plus.
- Experience using Google Ads and Facebook Ads strongly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English with a strong grasp of grammar and punctuation.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment across multiple teams to accomplish objectives and key results.
- Desire for honest and direct critique and interest in growing from it
- Willingness to travel
- Be excellent at not missing details or deadlines
- Love working hard for a mission you deeply care about—while understanding how to differentiate between working really hard (good) and unsustainable self-sacrifice (not so good)
- Enjoy networking and building relationships with individuals and organizations
- Be willing to meet people where they are and promote gradual dietary change
- Share vegan values
Compensation and benefits:
- Starting annual salary of $40,000 – $60,000, depending on qualifications
- In addition to a collaborative and innovative work environment, full-time hires will be able to take part in our benefits package, including
- Health insurance
- Unlimited paid time off after your first year (with a mandatory two week minimum)
- Eleven paid federal holidays
- Generous sick leave
- Budget for continuing education and conferences
- Phone, internet, and computer reimbursement
We consider traditional and nontraditional qualifications and carefully review each resume and cover letter. We encourage you to state how you would add to our culture; what we would gain from having you on our team; and how you align with our organizational vision, mission, and values.
We are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse, culturally competent staff at all levels of the organization. We envision a team that not only reflects the demographics of our country but also continues to deepen their skills and competencies to serve the full range of our audiences. We strongly encourage people of the global majority especially Black and Indigenous folks, LGBTQIA+ individuals, persons living with disabilities, women, non-binary individuals, and people of various socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position.
To Apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter explaining your interest in the position. You can direct questions to email@example.com. We will give priority to applications we receive by November 15.