Chicago Vegan Mac Down - Third Annual
*Advance online ticket sales are closed. Tickets will be sold at the door starting at NOON! We encourage those with advanced tickets to arrive between 11AM - 12PM.
Join us for FFAC's Third Annual Chicago Vegan Mac Down 2019!
What is a Mac Down? It is a mac n’ cheese cook-off where local chefs battle it out for fame, glory, & prizes, and YOU get to decide who goes home the champ!
Attendees get to:
- Sample all mac n' cheese entries and vote for their favorite
(Prizes awarded to 1st & 2nd place chefs)
- Check out local food & craft vendors for purchase: Envision Positive, Mindful Baking, doTERRA Essential Oils, Harm Less Threads, Yuck Kitchen, NZuri Means Beautiful, Dr. Herbal Organic & Vegan Hair Care, and SteMartaen!
- Enter our raffle full of awesome prizes provided by: Alice & Friends' Vegan Kitchen, NZuri Means Beautiful, Dr. Herbal Organic & Vegan Hair Care, Louisville Vegan Jerky Company, Dimo's Pizza, Native Foods, Harm Less Threads, Kitchen 17, Fancy Plants Cafe, and Smack Dab Chicago!
*Attendees get one complimentary raffle ticket!
- Receive goodie bags* with free samples and coupons donated by: Tiesta Tea, Upton's Naturals, Wholesome, Alternative Baking Company, StarLite Cuisine™, and Beyond Meat!
*the first 200 attendees will receive goodie bags.
- Listen to fun music provided by a local DJ!
Chefs include Rain Truth from The Cultured Vegan, Luna Luxe from Yuck Kitchen, Qiana Carswell from Chicago Style Vegan, Michelle Rizzo Andersen from RIZZO ROSSA, James Bloodsaw from Justveggiez, No Bones Beach Club - Chicago Team, Nahum from SteMartaen, Jocelyn Santos, and Julie Ann Hamlet & Abraham Pedro!
Thank you to Target for additional donation.
Tickets are $15 at the door, starting at 12PM.
*The event will take place at the school Marine Leadership Academy - 1920 N Hamlin Ave, Chicago, IL 60647, on the second floor. There will be signs and volunteers to direct you.*
The space is wheelchair accessible; there is an elevator that can take people up from the first floor to the second floor where the event will take place. Please let us know of any other accessibility accommodations that need to be met in order for you to attend the event.
*In an effort to reduce waste, we are asking that attendees bring their own water bottle to fill up at the water fountains in the school.*
Free parking in the school's parking lot or nearby on the street!
All proceeds benefit Factory Farming Awareness Coalition's Humane Education Program.
If you are interested in volunteering, competing*, or vending* please email Stephanie - Stephanie (at) ffacoalition.org
*Competitor and vending spots are filled.
Thanks! We are looking forward to having you there!